Dehumidifiers are a must with all water damage restoration jobs. After the standing water has been extracted from your home you will now need to dry out the walls and floors. Drywall acts like a sponge and will absorb water which is the perfect place (warm, dark area) for microbial growth to develop. Dehumidifiers remove moisture and pollutants from the air and will aid in the removal of the musty odors caused by water. Paired with air movers and air scrubbers these devices will get your home dried out as quickly as possible. Even though you may not be able to see the water in the walls that doesn’t mean that it’s not there. Our technicians will use moisture meters to see where the water is hiding and to monitor the moisture levels during the dry out process. Call our office today with any questions about our water damage restoration services at 602-362-4883.
Wittmann is a census-designated place in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States. Desert dwellers know that water conservation is important. It helps keep water clean and protects the environment. Being responsible with our water use reduces our energy use and lowers our monthly water bills. If we conserve water now we are helping to ensure that there is an adequate supply of this precious resource for future generations. Try these simple lifestyle changes in you home and lower your water footprint:
- Use your garbage disposal only as necessary.
- If you accidentally drop an ice cube, don’t throw it in the sink. Drop it in a house plant’s pot.
- When doing your laundry, make sure you’re washing full loads.
- Washing dark clothes in cold water saves energy and water and helps our clothes keep their color.
- Drop tissues in the trash instead of flushing them in the toilet.
- Take 5 minute showers instead of taking baths.
- Check for leaks regularly. Silent leaks can waste a lot of water before they are noticed.
Saving water actually saves you money!