Water heaters are one of the main culprits for water damage in your home. Water heaters will eventually fail and when it does the damage can sometimes be disastrous. The life span of most water heaters is about 10 years and over time with wear and tear something usually breaks. Typically, this is connections where the water goes in and out. Unfortunately, you may not even notice if this leak is a slow one. As the water is accumulating the surrounding drywall will begin to absorb the water like a sponge and this is the perfect place for microbial growth to develop. Microbial growth can begin within 48 hours which is why it’s essential to call a trusted water damage restoration company out to your home as quickly as possible to reduce the damage to your home and the over-all cost. Call our office at 602-362-4883 for questions about our services.

Queen Valley is a census-designated place in north central Pinal County, Arizona. On average, each Queen Valley resident uses about 145 gallons of water per day. About 30% of that water is for residential use such as bathing, cooking, cleaning etc.. The other 70% of water is used outdoors by watering plants, swimming pools, washing cars, etc. and mostly during the summer months. To help preserve water for future generations it is important for residents to incorporate water efficiency into everyday life. Thinking outside the box can have a huge impact. Did you know that by simply avoiding purchasing items new and buying them second hand you are helping to reduce waste from landfills? This includes selling, swapping, buying or donating. Recycling is another way to eliminate both water consumption and to reduce the strain on our waterways. Reducing our water footprint is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves, our families, our homes, our plant and animal life and our world. It also helps save energy and money!

Here are some ways that Arizona residents can help conserve water:

  • Use a dishwasher as they typically use less water than hand washing dishes in the sink.
  • When doing laundry, match the water level to the size of the load.
  • Turn off the water while you brush your teeth and save up to 4 gallons a minute. That’s up to 200 gallons a week for a family of four.
  • Remember to weed your lawn and garden regularly. Weeds compete with other plants for nutrients, light and water.
  • Instead of building a private pool, join a community pool.
  • When sprucing up your front or backyard, consider xericaping. This landscape method uses low water use plants to limit your water use.