Moisture Meters are one of the most critical pieces of equipment that we use in all of our water damage restoration jobs. Moisture meters measure the level of moisture in flooring, drywall, and ceilings that may not be visible to the naked eye. This tool is the only way to get a true picture of the extent in which the moisture has impacted your home. As we begin the dry out process we will continually use our moisture meters to test the affected areas to make sure our efforts are being effective. Once we have confirmed with the meters that the affected areas are completely and thoroughly dried out then we can begin the restoration process.
Call our office today with any questions about our water damage restoration services at 602-362-4883!
Liberty is a small populated place just 6 miles southeast of Buckeye in Maricopa, AZ. Living in a hot desert climate with abundant sunshine, water conservation is a necessity. Making simple habit changes can reduce your water waste. You can incorporate improved efficiency devices and appliances into your home and plant water-efficient landscaping. Water conservation promotes a lifestyle that is well-suited to our climate, and it reduces water bills. If you have an unusually high water bill there are some possible reasons why this could be happening. Irrigation/Landscaping is the most common reason. A broken irrigation line underground can be leaking over 300 gallons of water and you may not even be able to see it. Also, over-watering your landscaping leads to high water usage. A leaking toilet faucet, etc. can waste up to 6,000 gallons every month. These types of leaks are normally silent which means you not not notice for a long period of time. Swimming pools also use 16,000 gallons to fill and lose about 25,000 gallons each year because of evaporation and back washing. If you are looking for ways to lower your monthly water bill try the following tips:
- Check your home for leaks. More than 10% of home have leaks that waste 90 gallons of water or more every day.
- Install a smart water controller to save on irrigation. One that is weather based will work best for conservation purposes.
- Check your water meter. Read it before and after a two hour period when no water is being used. If the meter reads differently then you have a leak.
- Replace your high water use plants and lawns with native and low water use plants.
- Only run your dishwasher and washing machines when you have a full load.
- Take 5 minute showers.
- Turn off water when washing dishes or brushing teeth.