If you have water pooled up in your house then you know you have water damage. But what about less obvious signs that are pointing to a leak or flood that you weren’t aware of? Some of those signs could be one or more of the following:
- Bubbling or peeling wallpaper and paint
- Dark or Wet Water Spots or yellowing stains
- Musty Odors. This is a sign of microbial growth.
- Buckling or expanding flooring
- A sudden increase in your monthly water bill.
- Drywall that is cracked, sagging, or begins to flake.
If you are in need of a trusted water damage restoration company, call us today at 602-362-4883! We are here to help!
Arizona City, AZ is located in southwestern Pinal County. Being a hot desert climate in the Sonoran Desert, it is natural to be concerned with water conservation as this community experiences long, extremely hot summers with only 10.54 inches of annual rainfall. As residents we need to be making efforts to reduce our water footprint and learn ways to manage our water sources for future generations. Thankfully, water usage in the Phoenix metro area has gone down 30% in the last year. This is due to residents embracing simple lifestyle changes that have a huge impact. Building fewer pools, landscaping with native plants instead of grass, and using energy efficient appliances are all easy ways to conserve water. There are many things desert-dwellers can do to ensure that Arizona does not have a water emergency starting in their homes and in their yards. Take a look at the following tips:
- Water plants at night to reduce evaporation.
- Only water plants every 3 to 5 days.
- Check for leaks both outside and insde.
- Always turn taps off tightly so they do not drip.
- Use an aerator on your faucet to reduce your water usage.
- Keep showers under 5 minutes.
- Install low-flush toilets and reduce water usage by 40% to 50%.
- Only use washer machine or dishwasher with full loads.