When drywall gets wet from a water leak or flood the material will actually absorb the water like a sponge. This makes it the perfect place for microbial growth to develop. Some of the noticeable signs may include stains, sagging or bulging or actual collapse of the material. As soon as you know you have water damage you should call our office and schedule our water technician to come out to your home. We are an IICRC certified company in water restoration and can typically be there within an hour. You will want to start the dry out process as soon as possible as mold only takes 24-48 hours to begin growing.
For more information about our restoration services call us at 602-362-4883.
Have you ever thought about ways to conserve water at your home in Eloy, AZ? Here are some interesting facts that may surprise you about water usage and why conservation of this precious resource is so important:
- Americans now use 127% more water than we did in 1950.
- About 95% of the water entering our homes goes down the drain.
- Running the tap while brushing your teeth can waste 4 gallons of water.
- Older toilets can use 3 gallons of clean water with every flush, while new toilets use as little as 1 gallon.
- Leaky faucets that drip at the rate of one drop per second can waste up to 2,700 gallons of water each year.
You can read about more of these facts by clicking here. Simple changes in your home can have a big impact on conserving water and reducing your monthly water bill.